Fan dimmer

Simply use a better triac. Like a 100A one for a '10A load...'

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Some Studer tape machines used this many a year ago. The lamp size was chosen to give the 110v volt motor the correct supply when running - the low resistance of a 'cold' bulb gave the motor a boost in torque when starting.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

I did this with my Garrard 301, as recommended by an engineer from Garrard at a show somewhere. It significantly reduced rumble.

Reply to
charles