expanding foam with ultra-fine nozzle?

Murmansk wrote in news:6dad0e8c-824a-424c-bf58- snipped-for-privacy@googlegroups.com:

I do... I had to walk around on it a few months ago, to add some extra roofing screws (with waterprorf washers). I was extremely cautious. But at the end of the day, it seemed solid enough, despite the age of the sheets, and I'm by no means lightweight. But as you rightly imply, the stuff is going to get weaker with age, so caution is pretty much essential. When I have to go up there, I try to tread close to where a joist is.

JD

Reply to
JakeD

Jim K wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@googlegroups.com:

I agree.

JD

Reply to
JakeD

JakeD wrote in news:XnsA2A3DFD8E2355aaaalifecom@

130.133.4.11:

PS...

However, I'd much rather pay heed to people's first-hand experience of a product than the hype used by the advertiser/distributor/manufacturer to sell the product! (Nosiree, things haven't changed much since the days of 'snake oil'!)

JD

Reply to
JakeD

mmm by now I would have thought if someone had had your particular issue they would have contributed on one of your threads (if they were going to). Seems the answer is "we don't know but here are some theories" & for 12 quid - blaze your own trail!

Cross your fingers & let us know if it works or not.

If that's too much of a gamble I don't think you should be DIYing it. Get your cheque book out for a couple of hundred, pay a man (if one will touch it) and then er.. cross those same fingers ;>)

Jim K

Reply to
Jim K

Jim K wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@googlegroups.com:

So, on the one hand you're saying "Relying too much on stuff on here without further checks is inept if not stupid", and on the other you're saying "Cross your fingers & let us know if it works or not."

I don't have a problem with that. If you do, why waste your time in this thread?

JD

Reply to
JakeD

yes.

because I think you maybe a troll.

You start multiple threads with the same issue, last December being a good example, remember this?

"12/19/12 Hi all,

I have a double garage with a sloping 'big 6' corrugated asbestos roof which is about 30+ years old. The roof joists are getting very wet in places. At first I thought it must be due to rainwater getting in through one or two of the holes through with the 6" galvanised roofing nails were driven. However, after carefully sealing any possible such leaks, the wetness continues. Yesterday (which was a cold but rain-free day), I went into the garage and inspected the roof, just after nightfall, and I discovered that almost the whole underside of the roof had a lot of condensation on it. Since the roof is gently sloping, that condensation runs along the enderide of each corrugation ridge, until it meets a joist. That is where the water gets into the wood. One weird thing I noticed is that some sheets of the asbestos seem more prone to condensation than others.

Are there any tricks I can employ to stop the condensation?

If not, does anyone know of any way to divert the water away from the joists? I thought of gluing a short length of string to the underside of each ridge, just upward of each joist, so that the water drips down the string and into the garage... but it's not a very satisfactory solution, because I have a lot of perishable stuff stored in the garage.

Can anyone offer any suggestions?

Thank you...

JakeD"

Jim K

Reply to
Jim K

Jim K wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@googlegroups.com:

Get a life! (...and welcome to my killfile.)

JD

Reply to
JakeD

Suspect its not me that needs a life...

With an apparent grand total of 53 odd messages on usenet I am surprised yo u feel the need to have one....

or do you have other aliases like colonel scott, kruger etc?

ICM5£ ;>)

Jim K

Reply to
Jim K

(...You just entered my bozo-bin, too!)

Jim

Reply to
Bill

grow up "Jake" & see you next christmas with the garage thread (again)

Jim K

Reply to
Jim K

"Dave Liquorice" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@srv1.howhill.co.uk:

Yes, all the nails and screws have plastic flexible washers, designed for corrugated sheeting. Unfortunately, some of them are letting a tiny bit of water past, which is allowing the joists to get damp.

I could cut the 7mm screws/nails off above the joist (very difficult, due to tight access) and use a fresh screw and washer. However, being averse to difficult jobs, I'd be interested in any other suggestions for affecting a seal. I wondered about just plastering a good blob of silicone around each washer, for example. Would that work okay?

JD

Reply to
JD