Everbuild Stixall Extreme Power

A few stone paving slabs (900*600*25) have come loose from their concrete beds and need 'regluing'. Slabs and base are sound and to use a mortar mix would mean the cutting out of the base to accommodate the thickness required whilst maintaining the surface level. I'm tempted to try using Everbuild Stixall Extreme Power to act as the adhesive. Comments and/or other suggestions please.

Reply to
Bev

I've used CT1 to "glue" a soldier row of paving blocks that holds my entire driveway in place, not moved at all in several years, whereas the cementing in-place done by the cowboys only lasted a few months before they started to "walk" from the effects of the car steering/driving.

CT1 bond strength is 2.9 MPa, the Stixall extreme seems to be 1.5 Mpa

Reply to
Andy Burns

This one?

Its not one I'd heard of before but do like recommendations.

Reply to
Bev

Yes, that's the stuff, the same manufacturer now seems to advertise Power Grab-and-Bond as though it's better, but the bond strength seems lower, maybe it has other properties that are better?

Andy Burns

Thanks Andy. Its tempting to buy one of each and alternate the strips of adhesive - one of 'em should hold :)

Reply to
Bev

alan_m

Think he is what some call a motor mouth |-(

Reply to
Rod Speed

I have some paving along my new patio like this, seems the long hot days has done it so I'm interested as well. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

Perhaps one has a certain amount of plasticity over time to stop it cracking in frosts and or heat? Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

Interesting. Looks as if there is little to choose on other than price for Stixall and CT1. As the flags are not taking a shear load of any kind I'll give both a try and see which is best over time. CT1 may be the better option for paving as it seems to be a thicker bead and not spread as thin as the Stixall, this may help deal with the irregularities of the stone flags.

Reply to
Bev

Repost of comments for you Brian:

Interesting comparison video. Looks as if there is little to choose on other than price for Stixall and CT1. As the flags are not taking a shear load of any kind I'll give both a try and see which is best over time. CT1 may be the better option for paving as it seems to be a thicker bead and not spread as thin as the Stixall, this may help deal with the irregularities of the stone flags.

Reply to
Bev

if I have a tile thats fallen off the bathroom wall, i can soak it in water and the tile adhesive will soften enough for me to scrape it off and finally clean it, so I don't think tile adhesvie will work well on outdoor slabs.....

Reply to
SH

Hmm, not sure how tile adhesive would cope with freezing temperatures and wet weather (when it comes). Good thought as an interim measure though.

Reply to
Bev

You can make a slurry of Portland cement and hydrated lime, mix to the consistency of batter and apply to pre-dampened surfaces. I can't remember where I was reading about this, what the proportions were or if there was a magic ingredient pozolan or something similar. Anyone?

Reply to
Rob Morley

That sounds rather as if your bathroom tiles didn't use a waterproof adhesive. Which might explain why they keep coming off!

Andy

Reply to
Vir Campestris

It was an indoor/outdoor adhesive.