EV (cars and bikes) and EVSE (chargers)

Hi, Has anyone got a good link to what happens when you plug your EV into an AC EVSE? E.g. what the proximity and control pilot signals need to do.

In order to get the EVSE to output its 240Vac, is the bare minimum required simply a diode and 882 Ohm resistor to GND on the control pilot? Ignoring the proximity pilot and the 1kHz square wave on the control.

Reply to
Grumps

yep

Andy Burns

A circuit sorta matching the description, here. At least with my hand calculator, 1300 and 2740 in parallel is close to 882.

It's too bad they did not label Cs in the diagram with a value, just to establish order of magnitude and whether the Cs is intended to distort the 1KHz pilot or is just blunting the edge rate to prevent emissions.

Paul

Reply to
Paul

Nice vid, thanks. I wonder can you go straight to 882 Ohms without first doing the 2k74 and then later adding the 1k3 in parallel?

Reply to
Grumps

I think the answer is yes:

Grumps