Ethernet Conduit

100m of Cat5e is about 60 quid, Cat6 is 80. That's a small enough difference that I would opt for Cat6 because it is quite possible that I would want to switch to 10 gig within the lifetime of the cabling.

I wouldn't run more than a few ethernet cables in a trunk, I would site a switch on each floor.

Reply to
Bernard Peek

You can run 10Gbe over Cat5e up to 55 meters, not that I've tried it, only ever used it over fibre.

Reply to
Andy Burns

F*** me. Things have come on a long way since I last poked about in the physical layer.

Andy

Reply to
Andy Champ

If you know what cable's going in there, best to put it in along with the conduit.

Reply to
Major Scott

Well, many thanks for the replies - fair bit to think about!

Rob

Reply to
RJH