Electrocuting moles

LOL

A link of the story is here.

Adam

Reply to
ARWadsworth

So had it been in the UK, he would probably have been Part P registered. Well, that's all OK then, isn't it? ;-)

Reply to
Andrew Gabriel

The problem can obviously be blamed on European harmonisation. The poor chap seems to have been unaware that the nominal 3-phase line voltage in Germany has been increased from 380 V to 400 V and was messing about with more volts than he thought...

Reply to
Andy Wade

Bloody secret agents are too canny by half...

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Three phase on a domestic supply?, is that commonplace over there?...

Reply to
tony sayer

Yes according to a friend of mine who lived there.

Adam

Reply to
ARWadsworth

On Sat, 13 Jan 2007 14:32:04 +0000 someone who may be tony sayer wrote this:-

In a number of countries on the mainland things like ovens can be connected to one, two or three phases, depending on the arrangements in a particular house.

Reply to
David Hansen

I don't know how common, but 3-phase electric instant water heaters of 25-30kW exist there for domestic use.

Each EU country has a single-phase supply limit, above which 3-phase supply must be used. In the UK, that's 100A. In some EU countries, it's as low as 20A, so every house has a 3-phase supply.

Reply to
Andrew Gabriel

"John Prescott, the Deputy Prime Minister, has spent £645 updating the sign on the front of his office. To ensure that visitors don?t get confused, the old sign, ?Office of the Deputy Prime Mininster?, has been replaced by one saying ?Deputy Prime Minister?s Office"

from

Bless.

Reply to
Lobster

In article , Andrew Gabriel writes

Sod that for a leccy bill!..

Never noticed that at all in the mother-in-laws French house!, mind you I don't go there to inspect the wiring too many other put on weight distractions and delights:)

Reply to
tony sayer

I don't know what the limit is in France, but I expect it's similar to the UK simgle phase limit.

Reply to
Andrew Gabriel

On Sat, 13 Jan 2007 18:56:17 GMT someone who may be Lobster wrote this:-

He did us a favour then. About a decade ago a sum of at least five figures, perhaps six, was spent via a firm of "image consultants" changing "the Scottish Office" to "The Scottish Office".

Reply to
David Hansen