Electric Shocks

Do you have any difficulty getting touch screens to respond to your touch?

Reply to
John Rumm

Dense hasn't got a strong suit.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

I had about 18 months of reduced "touch screen touchiness" after a cold injury to my fingers. I presume damage to the autonomic nerves in my fingers reduced their sweatiness, and hence conductivity.

Tim

Reply to
Tim+

Almost always unless I wet my fingers!

Reply to
Capitol

Perhaps you want to explain what you think is wrong with what I said?

Reply to
dennis

For years, my partner suffered lots of static shocks when no-one around her did. They reduced considerably when treated for long-standing (but hitherto unrecognised) hypothyroidism. When I became hypothyroid, I started to get them as well. Now, with treatment, we are both just about "normal" - occasionally she or I might get one, but not especially frequently or severely.

Reply to
polygonum

We used to have a dog who actually enjoyed the effect of touching us with her nose behind our knees, and watching the resulting response as the victim reacted to the shock. This was in Michigan in winters, so the air indoors was dry and condusive to static charge. She appeared to suffer no effects from the experience.

And I had a site boss once who had been struck by lightning, and afterwards had no sense of hot or cold. He would sit there in winter in his shirtsleeves, whereas everybody else was wrapped up in coats and scarves.

Reply to
Davey

En el artículo , Tim+ escribió:

There's two types of touch screen, resistive (inferior) and capacitive. Finger sweatiness would affect the response of the former, but not the latter.

Reply to
Mike Tomlinson

There! fixed your post for you. :-)

Reply to
Johnny B Good

It's the fact of there 'only being you living here', that might result in 'only you dying here' is the worrying part of that last sentence. :-(

Of course, if you're a fatalist' (and all the signs point to that possibility), you may not deem it as worrying a thought as most of the rest of us might. :-)

Reply to
Johnny B Good

iPhone. Isn't that capacitive? It was affected.

Tim

Reply to
Tim+

"there are no muscles in the hand to contract just nerves, the hand control muscles are in the forearm"

Cursitor Doom

Reply to
Cursitor Doom

Curious! What could possibly account for that, I wonder?

Reply to
Cursitor Doom

You're an astonishingly perceptive individual I must say. You'd make a great diagnostician.

Reply to
Cursitor Doom

En el artículo , Tim+ escribió:

Yes, it is. Maybe I'm wrong. Wouldn't be the first time :)

Reply to
Mike Tomlinson

I was thinking primarily of capacitive (they have a hard feeling to the resistive ones have a softer feel where the surface "gives" slightly as you push on it).

I know of some people with very dry skin that have difficulty with capacitive touch screens rather than resistive ones.

Reply to
John Rumm

Actually, I think it's just my failing memory. ;-)

It's suddenly come back to me that it was an old TomTom sat nav unit that wouldn't play ball with me.

Tim

Reply to
Tim+

So I meant the fingers. None of those muscles can cause you to grip anything which is one of the thing mentioned about just letting the point of contact go

Reply to
dennis

The question as to whether the hand contains muscles, is purely a question of anatomy and physiology. Not of medicine which is the science and practice of the diagnosis, treatment, and prevention of disease.

Well neither have yourself or Doom by the looks of things.

Not at least if knowing the meaning of simple English words such as "anatomy" or "medicine" were to be made an entry requirement.

While you may not be able to sue this private school you attended for historical sex offences by teachers, on present evidence you seem to have a good case for suing for them for historical illiteracy at least.

michael adams

New Libertarianism consists essentially in scraping the barnacles off the bottom of one of Philip Green's yachts; in the hopes that some of his magic will rub off on you.

And maybe the price of a cup of tea.

Reply to
michael adams