Electric heater thermal cut out

Hello all.

One of my electric heaters stopped working today. I by-passed all the controls (timer, thermostat, 3-way switch) and the heater started working, but only for a short time. I suspect that I have a faulty bi-metallic overheat cut out device. I looked on Google, but only found some from a Canadian source. CPC only have thermal fuses. Can anyone suggest a source (ore more) of supply. It can be any _mechanical_ device (I'll make it fit). Preferably, not more than approx.£5.00, or I'll buy a new heater. P.S. It's an ewt (yes, it is lower case) 2 kw convector heater.

Thanks in advance.

Sylvain.

Reply to
Sylvain VAN DER WALDE

John

they won't supply individuals. Nevertheless, I've sent them an email asking if they have retail outlets (I doubt it, somehow).

Sylvain.

Reply to
Sylvain VAN DER WALDE

You need to know really. I guess you've checked the fan moves freely without noticeable friction.

I'm more used to seeing fusible overheat protects. I guess a bimetal would work if it controlled only the element, and left the fan running.

NT

Reply to
meow2222

It doesn't have a fan.

As you say, it controls only the heating element.

My other two heaters had faulty thermostats, which I by-passed, and used external plug-in thermostats. I'm reluctant to by-pass the thermal cut out device for safety reasons.

Sylvain.

Reply to
Sylvain VAN DER WALDE