Ebay - Express Delivery option?

I'm on a desperately poor /slow Internet connection, so struggling with a purchase I need urgently. Can anyone tell me for sure in the Ebay purchase process, the Express Delivery option should apprear please?

Reply to
Harry Bloomfield

Surely that depends on what delivery option(s) the individual eBay seller offers?

Reply to
Andy Burns

Andy Burns brought next idea :

The sellers offers Standard and Express, in common with many Ebay dealers, but will I find the Express option is the question?

It suggests there is Express on the item page, tells me the cost, but where should I find the option to enable it is the question?

Reply to
Harry Bloomfield

you should see a "postage" tab, next to the "description" tab, telling what services at what price e.g.

free, economy delivery royalmail tracked 48h £4, other delivery service, 24h £10, royalmail special delivery 1pm

but not all listings will give specific info, even though they may end up using royal mail 48, they'll just say other courier 3 days

Some say other courier when it ends up being DPD (which I would use to select a seller preferentially, if thy had said so)

Reply to
Andy Burns

That's up to the vendor.

Reply to
charles

On the eBay checkout page you should be given the various payment options one of which you select.

Once you've selected the payment option, say Paypal then its on the Paypal page that you'll be offered the various delivery options along with their costs; and the total you need to pay will adjust accordingly. When you're happy with everything you then select Pay, and that's it.

michael adams

michael adams

after you click buy, but before you click pay.

Reply to
Andy Burns

Thanks, that seems to have worked, except...

I filled in an alternative delivery address, to my home address, then ticked the Express option - it then reverted back to Posts To, my home address, with no way to amend it. I messaged the seller, asking that he use my temporary address - away on holiday in the caravan and the item is needed urgently for the caravan. Caravan mover remote control.

Reply to
Harry Bloomfield

It helps if you add the alternative address to your Paypal. ebay sellers can lose protection if they ship to a non-registered address (a common scam is steal someone's paypal and then ask for the goods to be redirected). If you add the address to Paypal there are more checks and the seller is protected. They may be able to cancel and you reorder having added it to Paypal.

Theo

Reply to
Theo

Payment stage where you often get the option for free delivery of a.n.other delivery. Paying for express delivery often has the same estimated time slot as the free delivery.

Not all sellers offer alternative delivery options

Reply to
alan_m

I believe that an Ebay purchase using Paypal can only be delivered to your preference Paypal address

If paying by Paypal you also need to set the alternative address up in Paypal and within Paypal make that your preferred address. Once you have made the purchase you can back into paypal and swap the addresses back.

Reply to
alan_m

If you have a 4g mobile and a good signal use it as a hot spot and do the ordering that way. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff (Sofa)

It happens that Brian Gaff (Sofa) formulated :

That is what I am (trying to) use(ing). Poor on voice and 4g.

Reply to
Harry Bloomfield

alan_m laid this down on his screen :

Paypal allowed an alternative address, but then seemed to not allow it when I selected Express. I have been in touch with seller and they agreed to send it to where I am sited.

Reply to
Harry Bloomfield

I use PayPal in both the US and UK - I've never had to faff around with the addresses.

Reply to
S Viemeister