dust sealing brick and block walls

My garage has a mix of brick and block walls. I want to reduce the dust level as I have a rack of computer gear in there. Seems to me that sealing the walls with something would help, is there something specifically made for the job? I don't mind doing the blocks with white emulsion, but I'd like to keep the bricks natural, so something transparent would be good. Any suggestions please? I can't see anything suitable at Screwfix.

PS Doing another search I found this:

might be what I want, but I'd prefer to use something more industrial (ie cheaper).

Reply to
pcb1962

Paving sealant is a kind of varnish that comes in gloss or matt finishes...it can be had for around £20 for 5 litres, or a 25l drum for about £80.....don't buy B&Q's stuff as it's crap - visit a builders merchant and ask about patio sealants.

Reply to
Phil L

Bricks dont produce dust afaik, concrete does, so its only that that needs doing. Concrete paints are readily available, specifically designed to stop dusting. Thinly diluted pva is a cheaper option.

NT

Reply to
meow2222

So painting with something like this:

do the job? How about mixing this with some cheap emulsion - I'd quite like the block wall to be white - would that be an ok idea - or better to paint with the pva first and then emulsion afterwards? Thanks

Reply to
pcb1962

PVA is a cheapie option. It works but isnt damp proof, isnt tough enough for use on floors, and if not painted on very thin it can form a slick surface that emulsion wont stick to. Once you've got the 2 you can try both your suggestions and see the result.

NT

Reply to
meow2222

Blue Circle used to do a very good stabilising solution which would seal any masonry. Dunno if it's still available.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)