Garage - double brick or brick and block

Again, I'm demolishing my old garage and building a new one 10m * 6.5m. I'm in Scotland.

Thanks to John Rumm & Andy Weir for the responses on the trusses - still looking at the options - and i'm trying to convert the autocad file into something that'll show ok on the web!

Next problem - i've gone to a LOT of trouble to get reclaimed bricks and i think it's worked out well - when i see the proof of the pudding, etc i'll gladly publish for all to see.

my big question now is that i'd originally planned to do (reclaimed) facing bricks and block inside. however, i'm now thinking that since i'm going to so much trouble to be as original as possible on the reclaimed bricks (as well as slates, cast gutters, etc) i should go for common bricks inside instead of blocks - it really would give a much more traditional look even if it was a bit more labour. some folk have said that i'll paint it white inside anyway - maybe i will and maybe i won't, but i think that even if i paint it white, brick outlines will look much more traditional than "block".

Obviously I'd like to get as much thermal efficiency / effectiveness as practical, within reason..

Is there a big difference in Thermal Insulation (in practice) between:

facing brick and what's commonly known as "breeze block" or Thermalite, and

heavy 80mm height facing brick backed by modern common brick?

Any recommendations for insulation in the cavity, or am i best to leave it "void", which is my preference to prevent any damp conduction.

TIA (again) Paul

Reply to
Paul J S Green

Is it not possible to save it as html ?