DTV server, RRi DTV 'Hat' not seen?

Doesn't seem to be that, maybe the debian/raspbian package of tvheadend doesn't include the same modules as fedora?

Reply to
Andy Burns

Oooerr?

Yup, I've only got Channels, Channel Tags, Bouquets and EPG Grabber Andy?

HTS Tvheadend 4.2.4-dmo1~bpo9+1~rpt1

Thanks for looking etc.

Cheers, T i m

Reply to
T i m

[root@tower ~]# dnf list tvheadend* Last metadata expiration check: Thu 25 Oct 2018 15:01:46 BST. Installed Packages tvheadend.x86_64 4.2.7-1.fc28 @rpmfusion-free-updates

Though it doesn't sound like a feature that would get added in a 0.0.x update?

Reply to
Andy Burns

try setting your user's view level to expert, rather that setting the default view level, or using the view dropdown.

Reply to
Andy Burns

I've looked but I'm not sure how to do that Andy? FWIW I don't log in as anything?

Cheers, T i m

Reply to
T i m

You've probably got a default "*" user, rather than separate normal and admin users,

config/users/access entries, pick a user and edit, then under expert settings, set user interface level to expert.

The authentication config all depends what you answered when first accessing the web interface ...

alternatively, if your EPG is populating for 7 days on all channels, you might not need to change the grabber at all

Reply to
Andy Burns

Probably (I followed the guide etc).

Done.

Well, I eventually found where the passwords are set for each of the extra users (who designed that UI?) and managed to log in with it (after setting every field I could to Expert mode) bit noting seems to have changed. ;-(

It's this that reminds me why I rarely seem to get anywhere with this sort of thing ... it's just not logical or intuitive to me? I had little issue dealing with the Topfield and the Taps? It's like someone who actually uses the things in a RW way designed it?

It seems to be Andy and I'm guessing there is a way of making it look more 'conventional'? A spreadsheet of every channel for the current day on the Y axis and the programs in time order on the X?

Cheers, T i m

Reply to
T i m