Dray Wall Painting

Hi,

I've got my partition wall up, drywall plasterboard. how should i "treat" this before painting it, I'm not getting it plastered as I have jointed it with compund.

Am I right in thinking I should use some PVA mixed with water to seal it. I may be using a textured finish on the other side of the wall before painting, so is PVA the job for that too?

Tom

Reply to
Thomarse

I've painted plenty of bare plasterboard with paint straight from the tin. However, don't use a ridiculously thick paint like the last lot of Dulux I bought. Own label or Crown has always been ok for me. Accept that the first coat won't be the last and don't overload the brush/roller. Diluting paint with any kind of uniformity is a pain, and the result is not the same as a paint originally formulated that way.

Reply to
Stuart Noble