Draper laser levels

Lawson has the Draper 64089 tripod mounted laser level for £23.00. I'm just about to order a Makita HR2450X from them when my eye (!) was caught by the laser level.

Verdict? Waste of space even at that price or worth buying? Tiling of kitchen looms in a month or so.

TIA

Richard

Reply to
Richard

Check your local sheds, you may find similar for less then =A320...

Don't expect super accuracy or robust construction but if you take a time and care in setting up you can get good results. Putting a "horizontal" line around room that doesn't end up as spiral is wonderful. Maybe useful for a base line for the tiles? Verticals are easier compared to a plumb line, especially if the wall is not flat and/or vertical.

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

I was tiling recently, using a Screwfix twin line generator rather than a single line rotating head. For £50, I'd go with the twin line again.

Review posted here in Message-ID:

Reply to
Andy Dingley

Lovely!

Thanks. Glad that you effectively confirmed that the Draper unit is not worth buying.

Rgds Richard

Reply to
Richard

I wouldn't go that far. But the twin beams are worth having, even if you lose the all-around sweep of a rotary.

Reply to
Andy Dingley

Sorry, didn't mean to 'upgrade' your observations! I was paraphrasing carelessly.

The Draper seems to be a spot generator and I was going to 'impulse' buy it along with the Makita from Lawson. I don't need it yet so a pause for thought and research is sensible.

TTFN

Richard

Reply to
Richard