Drain covers

A son wants to buy some long metal drain covers, the sort used in car parks and the like. I thought they were over french drains but I'm not sure.

Can anyone suggest a source, preferably in Yorkshire?

TIA

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher

Any 'proper' builders merchant should be able to supply these especailly those who stock concrete paviors and 'heavyside'materials. Don't expect the sheds to carry them though

Reply to
Bob Minchin

Oh good! I told him that :-)

Thanks,

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher

Wickes sell them. They come in different qualites depending upon how much load they will need to take.

Rick

Reply to
Rick Dipper

Here in Ireland, I've seen them in B&Q.

Francis

Reply to
FrancisJK

Larger market - it rains more....

.andy

To email, substitute .nospam with .gl

Reply to
Andy Hall

In Ireland, there are leprechauns and fairies at the bottom of the garden as well

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Indeed, but with the changing weather patterns (as the unfortunate villagers of Boscastle will know) maybe sheds will start stocking them in the UK too.

Francis

Reply to
FrancisJK

No, leprechauns live at the end of the rainbow, as for "fairies at the bottom" he moved to Channel 4.

Francis

Reply to
FrancisJK

Do fairies have bottoms?

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher

I was about to say that too

Dave

Reply to
Dave Stanton

Elephants have Big Ears.

Francis

Reply to
FrancisJK

I thought that was Noddy.

Titania was Queen of the fairies. Titania had a Bottom. There! I've answered my own question :-)

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher

Wickes have these, whether they're competetive like-for-like with a proper BM I don't know. The trouble with this system for drainage is that it's *ugly*, and the troughs silt up easily, and the covers are prone to damage, and things fall into them, and.... IMO it's far better & nicer to use a couple of yard gullies.

J.B.

Reply to
Jerry Built

No, Noddy wouldn't pay the ransom!

Francis

Reply to
FrancisJK

Oh - I asked for that :-)

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher

Well, it depends on the application :-) I don't think they're ugly anyway but it's what the little lad wants not me!

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher