Doorbell/chimes suggestions

Yes. Our receivers use a couple of AAs, and if we get two months we are lucky. I am going to get some "D" cell holders and use those instead of AAs. Might get over a year with those.

Reply to
Jeff Layman

Well, they do warn about that on the instruction sheets. We got round it by sticking the bell push on the glass.

Reply to
Jeff Layman

My Friedland takes 3 x AA anmd lasts for ages. Perhaps we don't get the doorbell rung very often - or perhaps I use decent batteries

Reply to
charles

Ours is vertically in between the knocker and the letter box, in the middle of the door. It gets used about 95% of the time, and that's probably down to the fact that it's actually on the door.

Reply to
Bob Eager

Now that's a cold house! A friend of mine once returned to a house so cold that the toothpaste wouldn't come out the tube - or so they tell me.

Industrial batteries might be worth considering for their wider operating temperature and they're not always expensive.

pamela

That's why I drilled and threaded bellwire within the chambers of the uPVC frame before fitting it, so I didn't have to have a wireless one, and didn't have any wires on show ...

Reply to
Andy Burns

Be interesting to see how a Ring doorbell would cope.

Based on recent experience, don't buy one. The Android app is poor and the picture takes a while to start, so you can miss the bit you're interested in. It's battery powered so if you have a lot of callers, the battery life can be poor.

Reply to
Capitol