Door sprung draught stopper

Some time ago I came across a sprung hinged wooden strip across the bottom of a door. It had a short projection from the edge of the door opposite the hinges such that when the door closed the projection contacted the frame rebate and pressed the strip down against the floor creating a tight seal. I have never encountered one since but now have a door with an uneven floor which would be ideally suited to such a device. Google isn't very forthcoming with the usual queries so does anyone recognise the item and can give me a name/manufacturer/source? All help gratefully received.

Reply to
cynic

In australia these are commonly used

$defaultview/DCFD3625490CC5DBE9256B6D0025E99AI do not know if you have raven.

Reply to
F Murtz

toolstation and screwfix have a number of bristle based draught strips

Reply to
Bob Minchin

I remember them from the 1950s, but haven't seen one in decades.

John

Reply to
John MacLeod

$defaultview/DCFD3625490CC5DBE9256B6D0025E99A>

"Stops heat, cold, draughts, dust, bushfire embers and insects."

Shame about 15' floods, innit.

Reply to
Skipweasel

Sort of work but if the floor over the arc of the door has a high spot that sets how low you can have the brush set. Which can mean the brush is not in contact with the floor when it is closed.

Reply to
Dave Liquorice