Domestic sprinkler systems

a neighbour's cat did onced get itself trapped in our garage for a few days. We just let it out.

Lucky you.

Reply to
charles

Nightjar

Open a pdf version of AD B. There are 34 mentions of the word sprinkler and they cover how use of sprinklers can ease other normal requirements. There is also a BS 9251 which covers them.

Reply to
Bruce

On 01/03/2016 13:30, Dave Plowman (News) wrote: ...

Hence my suggestion of looking at water mist systems. They use the minimum amount of water needed to extinguish the fire.

Reply to
Nightjar

As would I of course, as / when I go down there next. I mean, they can get themselves trapped anywhere and the owners (and the cat unfortunately) carry the full responsibility of that. [1]

Well, yes, they were 'our' pets so that's how it should be eh? [2] ;-)

Cheers, T i m

[1] All owners should have their cats (and dogs of course) chipped and the DNA taken and that stored on a database (of the pet in this case ). That way the owners can be tracked and any damage or inconvenience their pets cause can be compensated by them directly (including the cost of being called out and having to collect someone's cat (typically) off the road with a shovel, as our daughter has had to do). ;-( [2] Unless you race pigeons I guess but even they generally come straight home without stopping off anywhere. ;-)
Reply to
T i m

"feral"

You're not using it to solder cables :)

Reply to
Tim Watts

Reply to
charles

We have a sprinkler system. A listed old mill open plan on 3 floors made it difficult to meet normal rules when converting to residential. When we put it in about 5 years ago, BC seemed well aware of the option and there were plenty of companies around offering to design/install.

The technology is well established and reliable and I think insurance companies welcome them because of the reduced fire risk.

Reply to
Bruce

Reply to
Nightjar

Cat gut was (can be) used for all sort of things so I'd give it a try. ;-)

You can thank my spell checker for giving you a word that you could at least get the right meaning from. ;-)

Cheers, T i m

Reply to
T i m

They put metal 'shoes' on a cat? The cruel bastards ...

Reply to
Andy Burns

That's what you need!

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

replying to Tim Watts, Ben wrote: Yes

Reply to
Ben

Yes what?

Try quoting the message you are replying to :)

Reply to
Tim Watts

No?

Reply to