Does your local council recycle centre allow scavenging?

We have 2 in Milton Keynes, both with a "Shop" where you can browse and buy

2nd hand junk.
Reply to
MatC

Are people that poor in *Milton Keynes*?

Reply to
The3rd Earl Of Derby

Depends on what basis they are sold. Same as selling a car - spares or repair get you out of most things. For the paranoid cutting the mains lead is an option.

Reply to
Fred

Because they're selling them and are liable, same as any other retailer? My point is the law is different for things given away.

However, some charity shops do sell electrical goods - they just have them PAT (tested) before.

Check this thread?

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Nope, we're just environmentally aware! ;-)

Maybe shop is a bit strong, area would be a better description.

Reply to
MatC

Especially if it was one of the radios of that era where the lead was a resistance wire to drop the mains to the right voltage. Unknowingly replacing it with an ordinary cable would at best destroy an antique, and at worst start a fire.

Chris

Reply to
chris_doran

That's a sweeping generalisation based on your (not so humble) experience, and is simply not true.

MBQ

Reply to
manatbandq