Do B&Q Deliver?

Any idea if B&Q Warehouse deliver.

Looking to buy a shed (not avaliable online), but cant find out from the website if stores deliver!

Anyone got any experience?

Reply to
Jim

ISTR they do, but it *costs*. I won't dwell on the quality of B&Q (et al) sheds I've seen. Why not make one?

Reply to
Chris Bacon

You could always phone them and ask.

Reply to
Rob Morley

Yes. Not cheap, not quick and, if there is anything wrong with the article it takes as long for them to arrange to pick it up. Don't sign for delivery until you have checked the item carefully.

Reply to
John Cartmell

The shed I made (using shiplap) is better quality than the one I made up from pre-formed parts which is better than the B & Q sheds.

Reply to
John Cartmell

I'm sure the driver will hang about for an hour whilst he checks out the shed parts. :-(

-- Sir Benjamin Middlethwaite

Reply to
The3rd Earl Of Derby

Someone not looking at the page right. :-)

Benjamin Middlethwaite

Reply to
The3rd Earl Of Derby

B&Q used to deliver free if you opened a Trade Account and spent more than =A350. I'm not sure if they still do.

Reply to
stoker

Someone not looking at the page right. :-)

i.e

Available in-store only Product is only available from your local B&Q store. Ranges may vary so please check before travelling.

You can return unwanted goods to any B&Q store. Please take the Sales Invoice received with your order and let the in-store customer service staff know that you ordered the goods from

and they will process your refund immediately.

Reply to
Jim

Makes no difference whether ordered on-line or in the warehouse the prices they quote are there.

-- Sir Benjamin Middlethwaite

Reply to
The3rd Earl Of Derby

That's what will happen if he delivers here. Buy a (not-cheap) radiator and find it damaged - "Yes sir, our delivery people will contact you in 3-5 days to arrange to pick it up. When we receive it here then we will send out a replacement." Note that they didn't promise to collect it in 3-5 days - it would take that long to think about asking about when to collect it!

The driver will wait for as long as it takes.

Reply to
John Cartmell

| Any idea if B&Q Warehouse deliver. | | Looking to buy a shed (not avaliable online), but cant find out from the | website if stores deliver! | | Anyone got any experience?

The one I use has a map with circles at various distances/costs, but the cost is prohibitive :-(

Reply to
Dave Fawthrop

Funnily, I had kitchen cupboard doors from B&Q delivered - they were order only. And the driver checked the delivery against the order very thoroughly. Went through each and every one to make sure it was as ordered. I was impressed. Possibly he was a factory, rather than store, delivery driver.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

But the delivery prices quoted on the web site are for items ordered online.

Delivery from a store is different

Reply to
chris French

Yes, and unless you're next door, the cost will be around £20. I *had* to use these to get some worktops delivered.

...and again, the week later after I snapped one of the worktops.

Delivery is fine, and they'll manhandle the items to where you need them. On both occasions delivery was early morning (suited me fine).

Re. sheds and DIY, I'll go along with an earlier poster - head down to a timber merchant and buy a load of shiplap - I spent about £200 on scant and 16mm thick shiplap, and together with a few sheets of stirling board crafted a bloody good shed.

Quite fun, too.

Infinitely better than the crap feather-edge s**te that the likes of B&Q often sell

Reply to
Mike Dodd

And you can prove this?

-- Sir Benjamin Middlethwaite

Reply to
The3rd Earl Of Derby

I have a note on the back of a Garage Doors brochure,written by a lady at the service desk at my local Warehouse - "Delivery. Free for store orders over £400, otherwise £20".

However, I believe that the £20 charge might apply for delivery over "x" miles regardless of order value.

I don't suppose anyone here will be interested in the "15% OFF all items IN_STORE" which runs from today until Sunday pm, so I will not mention it.

Ziggur

Reply to
ziggur

It's £20 delivery if you're inside the delivery boundary for the store, free if you spend over £400.

Or £50 if outside the area and £30 if you spend over £400. I know cause i happen to work for them :)

-=Scozia=-

Reply to
Scozia

Thank goodness I have 3 cheaper sheds to go to in my location. To this day I can honestly say I've never stepped foot in a B&Q store.

-- Sir Benjamin Middlethwaite

Reply to
The3rd Earl Of Derby

I can't believe anyone would use B&Q for delivering anything. Recent experience showed It was actually cheaper to buy proper BS1088 marine ply and have it delivered from a supplier 250 miles away (securely wrapped in two free sheets of hardboard) than have WBP delivered 16 miles from B&Q (undoubtedly just chucked in the back of a van)

Reply to
Matt