DIY SOS

It seems that the new series is at least going through the motions of including a few actual tips, amidst the banter and human-interest.

I was a bit put out that, instead of sketches showing the intended design, they simply showed heavily processed photos of the finished result.

Chris

Reply to
Chris J Dixon

Chris J Dixon coughed up some electrons that declared:

If that's the program I saw last week, all I saw was two idiots babbling, with occasional very brief cuts over to actual tradesmen actually fixing things.

If there was more focus on the techniques of the tradesmen, it would be far more informative - and help others to avoid the same problem.

About the only thing I learnt from that programme was don't force dry plaster (well, duh).

Grand Designs is more interesting - at least you see some of the work happening and Kevin wotsit isn't a total idiot.

Cheers

Tim

Reply to
Tim S

Yup - I can watch them over and over. Which is just as well given the number of repeats. Even more than CSI. Wonder what happened to the new series? Think there were four - then back to the repeats.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

UK Style seems to be the worst for that. The programme was running for something like six years but they show the same six(?) shows then repeat them over and over and... .

Reply to
soup

More4 seems to have an inadequate supply of videotapes of Grand Designs, apparently showing the same episode several times in one week.

Owain

Reply to
Owain