DIY selling of my house - Any recommendations of popular advertising sites please?

I would like to try and offer my house for sale independently and want to know what is the most popular property site that will let me list it.

Also, does anybody know where I can buy a 'for sale' sign onto which I can add a telephone number and maybe a web address. I am looking for the type that is taped to a railing or nailed to a pole.

Reply to
Peter

Ian Stirling

Is that you making an offer?

Reply to
Richard Conway

Yep. Cash too.

Reply to
Ian Stirling

Yep. Cash too, no chain.

Reply to
Ian Stirling

75p no chain
Reply to
Ophelia

In message , Peter writes

No idea, none seemed to have great profile or number of listings when we moved last year. TBh, the most impotant thing is that they get the properties onto at least one of the big sites like Rightmove etc, since that is where people will mostly be looking.

Should be easy enough to find them using google (and if you can't, what is the point of putting your house on them, no one else will find them)

round here I've seen a couple of for sale sign s with a web site that looks like it might be one of these sell yourself places, presumably they provide the sign - maybe other sites do as well?

There was a thread recently that was partly on this topic. Google Groups is your friend

Reply to
chris French

You'll be expecting the carpets and curtains included for that price.

Owain

Reply to
Owain

Oh no! He does need to make a profit!

Reply to
Ophelia

We sold ours through

it cost us 120 for unlimited adverts and a sign (you can get cheaper package without the sign). They stick the advert on fish4homes, erm and other popular ones (forget which exactly).

Reply to
kavvy