diy passport photo

Andy Hall typed

I applied for a replacement passport last November, sending application SD just before 5pm Monday. Passport arrived Saturday morning same week.

I had not used any fast tracking.

It is August now and YMMV...

Reply to
Helen Deborah Vecht

Pastafarians traditionally wear pirates hats for religious reasons.

Reply to
Huge

And it stops low-flying spaghetti congealing in their dreadlocks

Owain

Reply to
Owain

Which in the case of persons with light grey hair makes virtually any of those background combinations close to useless.

Presumably so that the photo bears even less resemblance to the person in it.

My mother had a passport replaced a few months back due to a monumental ongoing cockup/fraud in a government department (the DVLA) She ended up with more than a dozen photos before one was 'acceptable' to the passport checkers at the post office. Just how it was acceptable completely escapes me though. It is such a fantastic resemblance that even when she told me it was her, and pointed at the picture, I thought she was taking the piss.

Reply to
Matt

I doubt you can find a printer that will accept and print on sheets of paper exactly that size, so how one is supposed not to trim to size, gawd knows.

For what they now charge for a passport, I think the service should include a home visit from a professional photographer and His Tonyness in person to provide validation. Mind you, whether he counts as a "person of standing" is highly debatable.

Reply to
lairdy

It will be all change soon, anyway. You will have to go to the passport office for a talk when you apply. Hopefully, they will take advantage of this to do the photos themselves, but that might be too obvious and convenient.

Christian.

Reply to
Christian McArdle

Will that apply to renewals? Or just to new applications?

Sheila

Reply to
S Viemeister

I do my own on a Canon printer. I find, if you do them 4-up on 7x5 with the

7x5 oriented landscape with 4 portraits on they come out the right size and you just cut them out. Not sure what all the fuss is about - stand person against wall, more or less fill frame with head and bit of shoulder, take, print, cut out, send off. Job done and never any problems. Takes about 10 minutes.
Reply to
Bob Mannix

Joined-up thinking not being a strong point of knee-jerk authoritarians, you are probably right. Any truth in the rumour that the thumb-screw and rack manufacturers are gearing up production ?

Reply to
lairdy

The message from snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com contains these words:

Like the woman in front of me in Asda today. Wanted four packets of paracetamol but had to do it in two transactions. Bloody silly.

Reply to
Guy King