DIY Great Repeal Act

Most dictionaries distinguish between the two spellings, where "hanged" is specifically for "kill by hanging" wheras hung is a generic past tense for hang.

So I'd go for hanged, assuming the intention of killing veggies by hanging, and not just stringing them up without certain death.

Reply to
Fredxx

why not?

cant waste all that good protein.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

I am all for stringing them up without certain death.

Let the crows pick out their eyes., Crows have a right to do that, you know. Its part of racial ethnic culture.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Not here he doesn't - we lost 12 chickens and a cockerel last night - foxes are a plague

AWEM

Reply to
Andrew Mawson

Tell that to anyone who keeps chickens, ducks, etc.

It might have a right to life, but it's still vermin, like rats and rabbits.

A fox killed several of my sister's chickens, and was eventually shot. One hen survived despite the loss of one leg, and has been named Peggy, as in peg leg.

Reply to
Peter Twydell

Were they killed humanely?

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher
8<

People are vectors for HIV, and lots of other killers, what method do you suggest for killing people off?

Reply to
dennis

I blame the poor state of DIY on fences on pens.

Reply to
dennis

"Vermin" is a human definition - and a selfish one at that. There's only one species on the planet which is slowly destroying it, and it's us. The planet would be better off without humans, but I doubt a few foxes make the slightest bit of difference.

Reply to
Bob Martin

In message , "dennis@home" writes

Dennis, you are an endless source of inspiration on that topic

Reply to
geoff

Not wanting to start a fight here Bob, but who grants this 'right to life'?

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

Nightjar

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

Reply to
cynic

Reply to
ARWadsworth

Bags here, wheelie bins are just so slow, probably OK in an urban enviroment with operatives wheeling bins to small groups where another one loads them onto the wagon and another operative returns them (ha!). Round here the wheels on the wagon hardly stop turning when our bag is collected, blink and you'll miss it. B-)

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

In message , ARWadsworth writes

Reply to