Dismantling AGA oil control valve ...

I hope this is the final chapter in my Aga Saga. It was the only thing I hadn't been able to do. All the online info says 'if this doesn't work *remove the oil control valve* and clean the little slit in it with a bit of paper.

Nowhere was there any info on *how* to remove the f****ng thing. Mine came partially out and then simply stuck.

I eventually tried pulling and unscrewing with some force, and that did the trick. What *no one* had mentioned is that there is some sort of crappy little O-ring seal that essentially just popped out.

I am posting here so the next poor sod who googles "Dismantling AGA oil control valve" will find this post somewhere and be thereby illuminated.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Might be worth adding a quick step by step to the wiki - those kinds of articles seem to get quite a number of hits.

Reply to
John Rumm