Dishwasher halting part way through cycle - preliminary post

Our dishwasher has suddenly started stopping (if you see what I mean) part way through a cycle. We have been away for about a week, and it was working before we left. I've given it a first check over and I can't see anything obvious.

It is a Lamona built in full size model, but is running a 30 minute test cycle at the moment so I can't delve inside to find the label for the precise model number.

Water seems to run in, you can hear the jets jetting, and water is pumped out again so there doesn't seem to be an obvious major blockage.

Prior to more detailed investigation (like finding the manual which came with it and has been stored "somewhere safe") has anyone encountered something similar?

Cheers

Dave R

Reply to
David

Yes, with a Siemens. The Siemens engineer was in the showroom when we were in and I described exactly what you are experiencing to him. He reckoned that it was the processor thinking that the dishwasher was not emptying (even though it was) and other than aan expensive repair just restart it again. Its an intermittent problem that we can live with and was most often found when we ran a short cycle or half-load. We now ignore those cycles.

It is worth you checking that there is no obstruction in either the drain filters in the machine or the waste pipe from the machine to the main drain from sink.

Reply to
Bev

It could just be chance timing in regards to being away.

Our dishwasher has recently begun sometimes stopping with 39 minutes remaining. I know exactly what it is, the cycle checks at that point that the door is still shut and the spring on the catch is weakening a bit. Pushing the door a few mm restarts it and it then runs to the end.

As I am currently waiting for a part to repair our washing machine, the dishwasher can wait!

SteveW

Reply to
Steve Walker