Digital TV - diy test of signal quality

Only by looking at your certificate would you be able to tell. One issue with Ridge Hill customers is that the digital is in groups B and C/D, whereas the analogue is in group A. Have you discussed the matter with the installation company?

There is an interesting issue in parts of Gloucester, Hardwicke / Quedgeley is one case. On a clear day you can see the transmitter, but the top two multiplexes can be 10-15dB down on the other four.

What were the signal and c/n or BER readings the engineer noted for you?

Reply to
Andy Luckman (AJL Electronics)

What certificate? They told me I needed a wideband aeriel.

I've no idea what these mean.

Reply to
Mark

In message , Mark writes

Just to hijack the thread ...

Has anyone else (North London, pointed at Crystal palace, I think) noticed a drop off in signal strength on some digital channels ?

on and off, I'm getting almost no signal on ITV and CH4

Last night I couldn't even see them on a program scan, this morning they were there again. This evening I have a signal strength of 10 on the richter scale for e g BBC1 and 1 for ITV

Also strange is that I get an almost non-existent signal with E4 (channel 28) but E4+1 (channel 29) is strong and stable

Anyone got the same sort of problem?

Anyone got a clue ?

Reply to
geoff

geoff posted

Absolutely, and I'm in *south* London!

Reply to
Big Les Wade

In message , Big Les Wade writes

I have two aerials one 30+ years old feeding the back of the house - working fine

the other - about 5 years old - absolutely no useful signal

Reply to
geoff