Digital cordless telephones

I have BT Synergy 5500 systems on our two landlines, but my eyesight is no longer good enough to read the tiny blue LCD displays on the handsets. Is there a similar system that has decent black-and-white displays ?

Jim Hawkins

Reply to
Jim Hawkins

You may want to have a look at the Siemens Gigaset range. We have the CS3 units -

The numerals for the important items such as the number you are dialing appear to be about 7mm in height. The illumination is perhaps a bit bright for a bedroom but the screen is clear and easy to read. I believe they are about to be updated so there may be some reasonable deals available.

Reply to
rbel

Perhaps some of the phones listed on the RNIB web site? Either speaking phones or those with larger clearer displays

alan

I'll second that, having just got a S795 set. THey are well made and stylish IMO. Can recommend Ligo

as a supplier as well.

Reply to
Peter Johnson