Diesel starting problem

In message , Grimly Curmudgeon writes

Umm, the Peugeot 406 HDI is a common rail system IIRC, electronic injection system and almost all the sensors you'd find on a petrol car. The Espace wasn't and I think the Audi was but can't be certain because it had a pretty plastic cover that was a pain in the butt to remove for quickly testing the equipment we used to make/sell/maintain and there was always a Peugeot around

The engineers filled the cars with petrol in the first 15,000 miles of the cars lives, we got rid of the cars well after 100K miles and never had to replace a pump, they all ran the cars after filling them with petrol until they stopped.

Reply to
Clint Sharp

We were somewhere around Barstow, on the edge of the desert, when the drugs began to take hold. I remember Clint Sharp saying something like:

There you go, then. Goes to show most of the stuff spouted about it is just bullshit to up the income of dealers.

Reply to
Grimly Curmudgeon