dewalt drill wont switch to hammer action

the torque selecter on my old failthfull drill dw916 battery drill is stuck solid on the drill only setting. I cant select hammer action or any of the lower torque settings. Has anyone else had this problem? and did you fix it yourself I am loathed to pay a lot of money to some ham fisted service center. Maybe its just me but things usually come back worse than when they went in.

Tombo

Reply to
Tombo