Descaling a Mira 8.4t shower - will I kill it?

Mira 8.4t shower, about 10 years old. Hard water area. Flow has been gradually decreasing, found various posters saying that it's possible, but may interfere with the seals. Is there a particular descaler that is kinder to seals? Otherwise, I plan to just turn off, unscrew, turn upside down and fill the tank with kettle descaler and leave overnight.

Reply to
Jonathan

citric acid is the safe one. Its also not very effective, and must be used with boiling water to get anywhere. Aka kettle descaler, but plain citric from the chemist isa fraction the price.

As for using it in showers I havent a clue.

NT

Reply to
meow2222

My Mira's about 5 years old and the flow rate is decreasing too.

I can imagine how to descale the shower head, but how'd you go about descaling the actual unit?

Reply to
RedOnRed