Deep baths?

That is a non sequitur. Just make the acyric baths thicker :D

My Biodisk tank for shit digestion is fibreglass and its over 6ft deep.

Perhaps bathing in it would help your understanding of basic structural theory.

I've had some pretty deep acrylic baths..got one due in tommorrow - about

700mm plug-to-overflow IIRC. And 1800 x800.
Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Sorry, I meant to say it was my understanding that the sides can be _steeper_ in a steel bath as steel is stronger than acrylic.

Reply to
emma

Not always. I used to sink. It made swimming very tiring. However, at about the age of 19, I started floating and found that I could swim 10 times the distance.

And I really did sink. If I stopped moving, I'd end up sitting on the bottom. I can still do it now if I breathe out, but back then it would happen even with a lung full of air.

Christian.

Reply to
Christian McArdle

I suppose one has to resist the temptation to say you must be dense ;o)

Reply to
Bob Mannix

Having taught/coached swimming for years I've /never/ met anyone who couldn't float. One lean muscular triathlete assured me he couldn't float, but with lungs full of air he did just.

By lungs full of air I mean lungs much fuller than relaxed full, with a good breathe in, I've yet to find a sinker. I've been unable to get some people to sink, though most will with lungs emptied, but they need confidence that they can surface again before risking it.

Reply to
<me9