Dead Bosch PSE180e scraper

This died recently (totally dead) and it would be politic to get it going again. The fuse, cable and brushes are OK so I suspect the speed control circuit has died, but there are no signs of distress. I presume it's just the usual triac and associated bits so I'm tempted to bypass it and either leave it at full speed or have an external dimmer in a box to control the speed, unless someone can point me at a schematic or (unlikely) has a working speed control board in a damaged scraper(?)

Reply to
no_spam

I've had two similar Bosch machines - delta sanders fail similarly.

The first was a fracture in the mains lead where it joins the circuit board. Simple stress due to years of vibration. Dead easy fix.

Second one was a dead diac (the device that fires the triac) looks like a small diode. Only pennies to replace with a generic part.

Both still running happily now.

Reply to
Bob Minchin

watch out for wrap

Reply to
Old Git

I had decided that it wasn't worth much bu&&ering about with but you've pricked my conscience so I'll try replacing the triac and diac.

Reply to
no_spam

Thanks, but I'll try changing the active components first.

Reply to
no_spam

Excellent! This is D-I-Y after all!! Some modern designs could well use a triac with integrated diac so watchout for that too.

Bob

Reply to
Bob Minchin

I Have a dead machine as well, replaced the triac but still not working. What is the specification for the diac I will give that a try.

Reply to
angus

'diac,' simple as that there's only one type, unless some new version has shown up on the market since I've not been looking

NT

Reply to
meow2222