Dark Window Material

hit a model shop and get some tranlucent iron on film. Solarfilm.

Most of it will stick with a tad of solvent as well..a light brush with celluluse thinners..

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

I needed a small piece of tinted window film for a project and attempted to buy it from a local car window tinting firm. The owner happily cut me off a piece of material but refused my offers of payment. Even when I insisted, he refused.

Just ask. Even if they charge, it will only be pennies.

Reply to
Bruce

A lot of glass merchants sell it - they may also let you have a small piece.

Reply to
John

Why not swing by a shop that installs tinted film on car windows, considering the various shapes of car windows, they certainly have scraps. Might not even involve cash, if you ask nice. Remove SPAMX from email address

Reply to
Jim Michaels

We were somewhere around Barstow, on the edge of the desert, when the drugs began to take hold. I remember Rod saying something like:

I've got some offcuts of silver window tint that the orange display would show through, if you want to try it.

Reply to
Grimly Curmudgeon

Thank you very much.

I shall try a local car window blacking outfit - but will post back if that doesn't pan out.

Reply to
Rod

We were somewhere around Barstow, on the edge of the desert, when the drugs began to take hold. I remember Rod saying something like:

No problem; drop me a line if you want it - address is valid.

Reply to
Grimly Curmudgeon