Dark Window Material

Rod wrote:

hit a model shop and get some tranlucent iron on film. Solarfilm.
Most of it will stick with a tad of solvent as well..a light brush with celluluse thinners..

I needed a small piece of tinted window film for a project and attempted to buy it from a local car window tinting firm. The owner happily cut me off a piece of material but refused my offers of payment. Even when I insisted, he refused.
Just ask. Even if they charge, it will only be pennies.

A lot of glass merchants sell it - they may also let you have a small piece.
--
John Alexander, <><

Remove NOSPAM if replying by e-mail

Why not swing by a shop that installs tinted film on car windows, considering the various shapes of car windows, they certainly have scraps. Might not even involve cash, if you ask nice. Remove SPAMX from email address
something like:

I've got some offcuts of silver window tint that the orange display would show through, if you want to try it.
Grimly Curmudgeon wrote:

Thank you very much.
I shall try a local car window blacking outfit - but will post back if that doesn't pan out.
--
Rod

something like:

No problem; drop me a line if you want it - address is valid.