Dangerous Bestest8 Voltage Tester

Hello from Finland. I discovered a very dangerous Bestest8 Voltage Tester. It is sold by many large finnish store chains and is really awful. Are these been sold in the UK at all? Named Bestest8 or Bestester8?

Matti kaki

piece of junk. Well done.

NT

Reply to
meow2222

Well. I bought a piece of junk and reported it to The Safety Technology Authority of Finland (

) and this piece of junk will soon be banned here in Finland. How about UK? Have you seen this piece of junk sold there? If so, please check it. It can be as dangerous as this one. I believe you have these authorities too. Let them know.

Reply to
Matti kaki

snipped-for-privacy@care2.com coughed up some electrons that declared:

I think it's fair warning. This piece of junk is clearly not fit for purpose. However in the this, "not fit for purpose" may involve death or injury to the user.

To anyone who wants something like that, get something like this:

a similar unit from a reputable manufacture.

I have the Fluke T100 above and it is very useful to have a continuity and voltage tester in one unit, with no switch to set (ie doesn't blow up when you try to test the continuity of a live supply).

The only issue was the 2mm exposed probe tips made it nearly useless, so now gently trimmed to 5mm (bye bye warrenty ;-)

Cheers

Tim

Reply to
Tim S

It does not appear to have ever reached the UK. Probably a good thing then.

Reply to
EricP

Or an identical unit with a rebadged name on it! Newlec seem to be good at doing this. Do you also have a

buying if you do not have one.

Adam

Reply to
ARWadworth

ARWadworth coughed up some electrons that declared:

Good tip, wish I'd known that :)

the one I got - similar and the light's handy.

Cheers

Tim

Reply to
Tim S

I think that is the model my apprentice uses.

No buzzer so not as useful. eg I am on my own and remove a lightswitch from the wall I stick my volt detector into the wire wait for the beep and I can nip off to where the CU is located and turn MBCs off untill the beep stops.

Another tip.

are excellent work lighting pieces of kit but they sent volt detectors mad. Do not have one in your hand/near you when using a volt detector.

Adam

Reply to
ARWadworth