Danfoss fridge compressor

Oh dear Scandinova fridge freezer fridge section packed up yesterday. On inspection stat appeared ok but danfoss compressor totally dead (U102 TL

2.5A is this the model number of the compressor). Checked compressor windings they appear ok but unsure what the resistance should be. Also anyone know how the PTC? start relay operates. I think it is this that is faulty but not sure how do I check?. Hopefully it is not the compressor.
Reply to
Robert

In the region of 4 ohms on start and 30 ohms on run.

Also

It's probably the relay. It's a slab of ceramic material which feeds the start winding. It has a low resistance when cold, supplying a big current, but quickly heats up and goes high resistance, effectively disconnecting the start winding. The device usually shows signs of overheating i.e. discoloured.

Reply to
impvan