Curtains: pre-made: common sizes

Anyone know what the common ready-made curtain sizes are in the UK?

Window size is 234 x 120 cm drop

I think 138 cm (56 inch) drop is a standard size.

Window width is about 96 inch, so I reckon two pre-made curtains of 60 inch width = 120 inchs would be OK.

So I would need a pair of 60 inch x 56 inch drop pre-made curtains. Is this a common size?

Thanks Bruce

Reply to
bruce_phipps

Google is your friend "ready made curtains site:uk" look at the John Lewis site.

You may want to go up to twice the actual window width depending on the style of curtain and how much pleating you want.

BBC

Reply to
bangbangchicken

Thanks, BBC. Looks like a standard size of 66 in x 54 in drop may be OK.

Bruce

Reply to
bruce_phipps

Not sure how they measure them, but curtains that are tight when closed look cheap. IIRC, 2.5 times the window width is about right.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

137cm - 54" is the closest standard size.

That is not much of a gather. The absolute recommended minimum is 1.5 times, which would be 144" total = 2 x 72" curtains. However, the curtains will look much better if you use a 90" width

Colin Bignell

Reply to
nightjar