Creda Oven Problem - Thermostat?

Hi all,

I have a Creda Concept Solarglo 48343 (Twin electric oven / grill, halogen hob).

When I turn the main oven on, it goes up to the maximum temperature and stays there, regardless of the position of the temperature control knob.

Knowing nothing about ovens (and not too much about DIY!), my first instinct is that it would be the thermostat. I trawled through the web until I eventually found the web site for Creda spares but came across another component that confused me, the "energy regulator".

How do I know if it's the thermostat or the energy regulator (or neither!).

Any help is much appreciated.

Harry Bowyer

Reply to
hbowyer1658