Creative DIY Tips Needed For Dealing With Conman Car Clamper

A vile Yorkshire clamper called Ted Evans has stepped up his efforts to trick people out of hundreds of pounds, by clamping their cars in the village of Haworth. The police say they will not get involved except to protect Evans from the public. Can anyone think of some imaginitive ways of turning the tables on this villain with devices, gadgets or solutions? He has gone on a clamping frenzy now, as the law will change next year and it will become illegal for him to clamp cars in England.
He uses every trick in the book to confuse people, including using parking spaces that are too small to get a car into, and a ticket machine which gives out incorrectly timed tickets - yes, it's fraud, yet still the police won't act for some reason?
Turk182
Add pictures here
βœ–

There is a video about him here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qRG9hUieBIg

Add pictures here
βœ–
En el artνculo < snipped-for-privacy@u9g2000vbx.googlegr
"No dispensation for disabled" "No time given to obtain change"
What a nice chap.
Is this a private car park with a pay-n-display board that looks suspiciously like a council one?
--
(\_/)
(='.'=)

If the police genuinely refuse to act on cases of obvious fraud, ask your MP to take it up with the Home Office. That's the sort of thing he is paid to do. Or you could go straight to the Police Complaints Commission (or whatever they are called).
--
Tinkerer

Add pictures here
βœ–
Turk182 wrote:

LSD on the clamps?
Add pictures here
βœ–

Pity this lady's aim wasn't too good.....

http://www.youtube.com/user/MsWheelclamper
and http://www.portsmouth.co.uk/news/transport/mum_s_message_for_car_clampers_after_son_is_caught_out_1_3241905
:o)
Add pictures here
βœ–
Turk182 wrote:

Private land or public roadway? If private, who owns it? If public, what do the parking restrictions say?
I'm surprised the men of the village haven't turned out with baseball bats if it's that persistent.
If it is clear cut fraud, I think I'd think about cutting or freezing them off and leaving the bits in a big pile until he gets bored with buying clamps.
If you want a legal approach, get a few people together, share the cost to go to a solicitor and take an injunction out against him and enquire about suing for "trespass of the goods" or anything else the laywer can think of. Hint: you want a tenacious lawyer, not someone who does 99% conveyancing and wills.
--
Tim Watts

Add pictures here
βœ–
harry wrote:

Box it in with scaffold. And weld the nuts on - or slaver with superglue.
Don;t forget to "draw" a massive dong on the paintwork with nitromors.
--
Tim Watts

Add pictures here
βœ–
Tim Watts wrote:

Why is it always a cock and balls when doing "artwork"?
I passed a "large one" this morning that was sprayed onto one of the the M180 M-Way signs that helped me find my way to Grimsby.
--
Adam

Add pictures here
βœ–
On Sat, 12 Nov 2011 19:16:56 +0000, ARWadsworth wrote:

I've never thought of them as a navigational aid before.
Add pictures here
βœ–

Break a window and drop a molitov cocktail inside
--
geoff

Add pictures here
βœ–
On 12/11/2011 17:09, harry wrote:

Polyurethane foam?
SteveW
Add pictures here
βœ–
On Nov 12, 8:53 pm, Steve Walker < snipped-for-privacy@remove-this.walker- family.me.uk> wrote:

That's the one.
Squirt some water into the exhaust then cut the top and bottom off a tube of expanding foam adhesive and ram it in. You will need five minutes or so for the effect to initiate. Half an hour would be best. Repeat as necessary.
Wear gloves of course.
Add pictures here
βœ–
On Sat, 12 Nov 2011 15:47:00 -0800 (PST) Weatherlawyer wrote :

Those of us of a certain age will remember the Jennings book where a potato rammed up the exhaust has the same effect.
Melbourne, Australia www.greentram.com
βœ–

Much cheaper than a tube of expanding foam, and safer to use!
Add pictures here
βœ–

Nice stuff, had a test tube with rather a lot in in a locker, opened the door one day to find it had changed state and the inside of the locker was an interesting yellowish brown colour. Glad I wasn't around when it did it...............

--
Bill

Add pictures here
βœ–

Ah, I had 1/2 " in the bottom of a jam jar full of water
It did, and I was
--
geoff

Add pictures here
βœ–
geoff wrote:

Big pop?
--
Tim Watts

Add pictures here
βœ–

It was a look around to see if anyone had been injured moment, followed by "how the fuck am I going to get rid of that 6 foot circle of purple off the ceiling"
Strangely enough, the top of the jam jar remained intact
It took my ears a few days to stop ringing
--
geoff

Add pictures here
βœ–

In the north of England?
It would never dry out enough to be effective (although wet or dry, it becomes unstable after a few days and go off when it feels like it)
--
geoff

Add pictures here
βœ–