Creative DIY Tips Needed For Dealing With Conman Car Clamper

A vile Yorkshire clamper called Ted Evans has stepped up his efforts to trick people out of hundreds of pounds, by clamping their cars in the village of Haworth. The police say they will not get involved except to protect Evans from the public. Can anyone think of some imaginitive ways of turning the tables on this villain with devices, gadgets or solutions? He has gone on a clamping frenzy now, as the law will change next year and it will become illegal for him to clamp cars in England.

He uses every trick in the book to confuse people, including using parking spaces that are too small to get a car into, and a ticket machine which gives out incorrectly timed tickets - yes, it's fraud, yet still the police won't act for some reason?

Turk182

Reply to
Turk182

There is a video about him here:

Turk182

If the police genuinely refuse to act on cases of obvious fraud, ask your MP to take it up with the Home Office. That's the sort of thing he is paid to do. Or you could go straight to the Police Complaints Commission (or whatever they are called).

Reply to
Tinkerer

LSD on the clamps?

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Pity this lady's aim wasn't too good.....

Ian

Private land or public roadway? If private, who owns it? If public, what do the parking restrictions say?

I'm surprised the men of the village haven't turned out with baseball bats if it's that persistent.

If it is clear cut fraud, I think I'd think about cutting or freezing them off and leaving the bits in a big pile until he gets bored with buying clamps.

If you want a legal approach, get a few people together, share the cost to go to a solicitor and take an injunction out against him and enquire about suing for "trespass of the goods" or anything else the laywer can think of. Hint: you want a tenacious lawyer, not someone who does 99% conveyancing and wills.

Reply to
Tim Watts

Box it in with scaffold. And weld the nuts on - or slaver with superglue.

Don;t forget to "draw" a massive dong on the paintwork with nitromors.

Reply to
Tim Watts

Why is it always a c*ck and balls when doing "artwork"?

I passed a "large one" this morning that was sprayed onto one of the the M180 M-Way signs that helped me find my way to Grimsby.

Reply to
ARWadsworth

Polyurethane foam?

SteveW

Reply to
Steve Walker

I presume he doesn't have a truck with which to lift a car and take it to a pound?

I'd favour four wheelclamps (with an optional notice on each reminding that interfering with same is criminal damage) and one of those nice, in-car video cams. Park the car somewhere that will really p!$$ him off. Either he'll leave it alone or be filmed doing something the police _can't avoid_ nicking him for.

Nick

Reply to
Nick Odell

I've never thought of them as a navigational aid before.

Reply to
Jules Richardson

Break a window and drop a molitov cocktail inside

Reply to
geoff

That's the one.

Squirt some water into the exhaust then cut the top and bottom off a tube of expanding foam adhesive and ram it in. You will need five minutes or so for the effect to initiate. Half an hour would be best. Repeat as necessary.

Wear gloves of course.

Reply to
Weatherlawyer

Those of us of a certain age will remember the Jennings book where a potato rammed up the exhaust has the same effect.

Reply to
Tony Bryer

Given the stories I have seen from time to time where scum have even clamped police vehicles, that seems rather less than likely.

Reply to
polygonum

If that is true, why is the media not all over it - and I mean national media? That indicates police incompetance or corruption...

Just set fire to the c*nt's truck/car.

Reply to
Tim Watts

Troll surely. There is no way the police ar enot taking action after that...

Reply to
Tim Watts

There was a documentary made about the bloke.

ARWadsworth

In one case the police at least started down the road of interfering with police performing their duty (or whatever the phrasing is). Can't remember outcome.

Ah!

polygonum

I don't understand why your local TSO isn't interested in the last item.

It is very much their remit to check that automatic machines function as advertised and not at all difficult for them to do.

tim

Reply to
tim....