Crazy tiling

that kind of thing - abstract stuff.

Si

Reply to
Mungo "Two Sheds" Toadfoot

I should save the tiles they throw in the jumbo bin. They've thrown away a couple of bin loads so far, and cleaned out a whole marble quarry in Italy.

Reply to
Matty F

I wasn't impressed. I was lost for words!

Very green :-)

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher

I doubt anyone in the UK cares.

Reply to
Bruce

It's probably got a little windmill on the roof, specially to power the lift down to the 4 car garage.

Owain

Reply to
Owain

Do you need to power a lift to go down? Surely gravity would do that.

Oh - it's in upside-down land. OK.

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher

I did our bathroom in a similar but not quite so wacky way some 18 years ago.

We had a ground floor rear extension for a bathroom put on this Victorian cottage and the builder suggested we put the (only) toilet in there as well. I didn't think that was a good idea so split the toilet space out of the bathroom. To make space around the corner bath / shower the dividing wall starts off 'square' then angles back to about the width of the cistern.

The builder didn't 'get it' so I stacked the blocks up to show him how it would work. ;-)

So, once I'd got the corner bath I set the basin at a symmetrical / complementary angle and the tiling sort of followed this 'angles' theme. The internal wall that splits the bathroom from the toilet runs in parallel to the general angle of the bath with the tiles starting off vertically (level with the end of the bath and basin, tiles round

3 sides of the room) then taper inwards at 45 degrees. This also carefully avoided tiling around the window. ;-)

We rarely use the bath as a bath but it makes for a very big shower 'cubicle'.

We still think it works very well and makes the best of a pretty small space in the same way as the bed built halfway up the wall in our daughters box room did (does). ;-)

Reply to
T i m

We were somewhere around Barstow, on the edge of the desert, when the drugs began to take hold. I remember terry saying something like:

You had me worried there.

Reply to
Grimly Curmudgeon

Actually the lift just goes between the three floors. There are two stairways between the floors as well. The only access to the house from the road or garage is up about 20 steps. So somebody in a wheelchair will have to be carried into the house. They could easily have continued the lift down to the garage level, but they didn't.

I've never seen such a waste of space in a house before. I'm not saying that I like this house or approve of it. I'm just watching it with fascination. Italian marble with foam plastic architraves!)

Reply to
Matty F

We were somewhere around Barstow, on the edge of the desert, when the drugs began to take hold. I remember Matty F saying something like:

Sounds ghastly.

Reply to
Grimly Curmudgeon

Picture?