Crazy garden taps

Yes, it's huge overkill - but it solves my gripes with garden taps (there are never enough)

Got hand washing/bucket filling distinct from hose (which stays permanatly connected) and 3 take offs for water computers.

More photos later when I have made the covering to neaten it up and added the insulation.

Reply to
Tim Watts

I hope for your sake you are going to insulate that lot.

I agree about the number of garden taps never being enough but we placed extra ones around the garden to have them closer to where they are needed.

Incidentally now we know what you look like !! (Pic 1)

Reply to
fred

With the red valve handles, and two pipes I was expecting hot and cold until I saw the inside photo, given it's all branched off a single 15mm, why the two pipes outside?

Reply to
Andy Burns

That's just a man in the kitchen taking a photo of the OP :)

Reply to
Mentalguy2k8

If he's in the kitchen he must have no legs !

Reply to
fred

Maybe it's the ghost of pipework past :)

Reply to
Mentalguy2k8

On Monday 29 July 2013 11:58 fred wrote in uk.d-i-y:

Oh yes...

That would be the ideal. This is partly laziness. when the roof was off, I dropped some formed copper pipes over the wall tops - this uses one pair.

There is another pair around the front in a location that would be handy for filling a bucket to wash the car. I will probably use those when I do more proper internal plumbing.

The water computer thing will feed its output via pipe dropped into the gutter, so that was not too important. The hose will be (by the end of today) on a reel adjacent to the tap - so this worked out pretty well.

If you go blind, then I apologise!

Reply to
Tim Watts

On Monday 29 July 2013 12:05 Andy Burns wrote in uk.d-i-y:

Yes - indeed that is the intention.

Right now, I only have a cold pipe up there. The hot goes in when I add a shower to the bathroom and then I'll redo the inside connection properly.

For now, I deemed it better to be able to flush cold through the hot pipe rather than blank it and leave an air lock and soldering flux stuck inside :)

Reply to
Tim Watts

On Monday 29 July 2013 12:07 Mentalguy2k8 wrote in uk.d-i-y:

The burglar?

Reply to
Tim Watts

I have to say that is true overkill. I'm sure one pipe would have been sufficient, especially as I can only see one isolating tap inside the house. Perhaps we're missing something?

Reply to
Fredxx

Yep, the remote control.

Reply to
whisky-dave

Tim, you have a LONG way to catch up - at the last count we have 29 outside taps :) :) :) Mind you that's spread over 13 acres not 5 foot of wall !!!!

AWEM

Reply to
Andrew Mawson

On Monday 29 July 2013 12:53 Fredxx wrote in uk.d-i-y:

Yes - it's a hot feed. When I have a hot supply available to that section of the roof space.

Reply to
Tim Watts

On Monday 29 July 2013 13:41 Andrew Mawson wrote in uk.d-i-y:

Do you bury yours or are they all on one long dangly bit of MDPE hanging from a fence, true farmer style?

Reply to
Tim Watts

Maybe showing my ignorance, but what is the maroon box at left of centre?

Reply to
Nick

All buried 18" below surface by my (late) trencher :) - where they pop up I've not insulated them. I find that the pipe survives frost but the eco back flow valve thingy in the tap itself jams tight and needs knocking out when they freeze!

AWEM

Reply to
Andrew Mawson

On Monday 29 July 2013 15:06 Nick wrote in uk.d-i-y:

Bit of the guttering I'm going to use to cover it - I was checking that the pipes and clips won;t foul it.

Reply to
Tim Watts

In message , Andrew Mawson writes

I don't think they are *eco*. More to prevent stagnant water being sucked back and polluting the system. Keep the hose end above trough water level and it should be OK.

Reply to
Tim Lamb

Can't see any non-return valves. Aren't they required by law on outside taps?

Tim

Reply to
Tim+

It's OK Tim, I've told the pigs not to blow into the tap :)

AWEM

Reply to
Andrew Mawson