covering/blocking Air bricks

We were talking specifically about houses with suspended floors, and the majority of houses that got CWI were older, say between 1900 - 1940, the vast majority of these had suspended floors.

5 days a week, 3 houses per day, 48 weeks a year, for ten years = 7,200 houses...all over the north of England (and Wales), from Huddersfield in the East, Telford in the south, Wrexham in the west and Penrith in the north...a fairly large area by any standards....almost all had a DPC, mostly bitumen, but occasionally slate.
Reply to
Phil L

Right, it all adds up now. Bear in mind older houses (meaning pre 1900) would usually be excluded from CWI since most dont have cavity walls. Of houses of that age, most dont have any dpc. Later houses such as you worked with would of course. I think we are looking at the same elephant from 2 different angles.

NT

Reply to
meow2222

I reckon that you are basing your statements on a small sample of houses, possibly numbering no more than 1 (one). All this crap about "please get a clue", on a sample of 1 (one).

Reply to
Chris Bacon

I reckon you keep confusing these products of your imagination with fact.

Your comments about vents below dpc show need of basic education.

NT

Reply to
meow2222

Come on then... have you ever seen air bricke or grilles below DPC.

If there are air bricks below and above DPC, then why are the ones below DPC there.

I reckon your answers, if any, will go the way of the cavity wall ones, or the "any burglar can get through a timber door in seconds" one.

Reply to
Chris Bacon

yes.

anyone can read up on this, this is the basic principles of suspended timber floors. I bet you're about to blame me for your ignorance again. What I find boggling is you claim to know what youre on about when you dont even grasp the basics. Go read up for once. Be a grown up.

You wont though, you'll try to claim its somehow my fault that you dont know what theyre for!.

NT

Reply to
meow2222

I've looked. I cannot find a resource telling me why there should be air-bricks both below and above the DPC - so educate me, then.