Correct me if I'm wrong - please. Emergency generator question

Thanks to all who replied - I seem to have stirred up a hornets nest. As it happens my mains incomer is split already and goes to 2 separate meters (1 for house 1 for steading) They both go into the same fuse box but have separate power and neutral busbars so presumably I can just isolate the house side and leave a light switched on in the steading to tell me when the power comes back? Does that satisfy the safety requirements?

Ken

Reply to
NotMe

because it doesn't have a central "off" position: it could be make before break.

Reply to
Newshound

What about the beer fridge :-)

Dave

Reply to
Dave

>>> What's scary about it? It's for a 10A load - all you feed with it

kettle

Reply to
Steve Walker

We were somewhere around Barstow, on the edge of the desert, when the drugs began to take hold. I remember "Newshound" saying something like:

Good point and worthy of enquiry. I'd assumed it was break before make as a matter of course, it being sold as a C/O switch.

Reply to
Grimly Curmudgeon

We were somewhere around Barstow, on the edge of the desert, when the drugs began to take hold. I remember "Steve Walker" saying something like:

You'd need a small element 1kW kettle for that. Or just light the gas hob.

Reply to
Grimly Curmudgeon