Converting my gravity fed sytem to mains fed

I hope someoone can help me because i haven't been able to find anything about this online.

Basically i have just baught a new ground floor flat, it was converted from a house and so my header tank is located in my bathroom. Hence i have rubbish head / low water pressure.

I believe that if i convert to mains fed i will have to fit a new toilet cystern to deal with the increase in pressure. I will also have to fit a non return valve to prevent me syphoning back into the mains. t heir is a pipe feeding inot the header tank and one feeding out. Is it as easy as joining the input to the output pipe?

Also I have a combi boiler.What i am unsure of, is whether the boiler is mains fed and if the increase in pressure will affect the boiler. The pressure from the boiler seems to be quite good but i think that this is because it has a built in pump.

I've been told this is quite a simple job.... i'm just looking for a bit of reasurance!

Thanks

Mark

Reply to
greenham

nope just the ball c*ck valve assembley

Reply to
Vass

A new float arm assembly would be OK - it contains parts for both high and low pressure systems, generally.

Reply to
Chris Bacon

No, the old one will be fine. Most cistern valves would like an insert to reduce the flow rate to make them more reliable and less noisy. This can also be emulated by turning down the isolation valve until the flow rate is acceptable.

This would be required if you have any mixer valves, such as shower mixers, that don't have separate water channels. Kitchen taps designed for the UK market usually have separate water channels.

Pretty much, if you already have a mains capable hot water system. NEVER do this to an open vented hot water cylinder. Building destruction and probable death would result.

I haven't heard of a combi boiler that wasn't designed for mains pressure water.

The built in pump is for circulating the primary heating water and has nothing to do with pumping the water that comes out of the tap. I suppose you might have some really weird combi that is designed for tanked systems and does have a built in shower pump, but I've never heard of one.

Christian.

Reply to
Christian McArdle