Conservatory glass roof

I asked four companies for a quote on a conservatory, with and without glass roof. 4M x 4.2M

Quote 1 =A325,931 / =A326,531 Quote 2 =A310,995 / No Glass option provided. Quote 3 =A313,212 / =A317,909 (Pilkington Activ Blue) Quote 4 (Still waiting over two weeks later)

The representative for Quote 3 gave me the most confidence. He seemed to know what he was talking about, had the best ideas. Wasn't pushy etc.

But =A34000 extra for a glass (self cleaning) roof? Does that sound right?

Reply to
stuart

It's not just for the glass - the whole structure has to be stronger to take the weight.

Reply to
Huge

Quote 1 £25,931 / £26,531 Quote 2 £10,995 / No Glass option provided. Quote 3 £13,212 / £17,909 (Pilkington Activ Blue) Quote 4 (Still waiting over two weeks later)

The representative for Quote 3 gave me the most confidence. He seemed to know what he was talking about, had the best ideas. Wasn't pushy etc.

But £4000 extra for a glass (self cleaning) roof? Does that sound right?

In 10 years time you will thank yourself you chose it.

Reply to
Dave Gordon