connecting coaxial inside a wall plate for TV

That appears to be the type of wallplate in which the inner is held by a spring clip and the braid has to be folded back under the braid clamp.

Bill

Reply to
Bill Wright

alan_m

It almosr certainly will be when the plate is secured to the wall box.

Reply to
charles

We're talking a bout safety here. Whoever heard of trouble like this anyway? Who's going to travel 200 miles to install a TV aerial?

Reply to
harry

Only you are for some reason.

Many people.

Have you ever been to Scotland?

Because you are a left brainer it's obvious you would 1) not be able to consider scenarios outside your own personal experiences and 2) argue the validity of any scenario outside your personal experiences.

Cheers, T i m

Reply to
T i m

Some years ago, I came across a distribution system for some sheltered housing in Farnborough which was maintained by a firm in Newxcatle upon Tyne.

Reply to
charles

There's one then. I 'spect most installers don't go more then ten or fifteen miles for a job.

Reply to
harry

Did they have a local office?

Andy

Reply to
Vir Campestris

Not that the resident in the housing scheme knew about

Reply to
charles

It's a common cause of reception problems. The braid loses contact with the plate during installation.

That's mostly how I made my living for many years. Distribution systems in all corners of the UK. All of them under warranty.

Bill

Reply to
Bill Wright

Yes, some years ago there was a Newcastle firm that had contracts with property management firms and housing associations all over the UK. I don't remember the name. They tended to send their own electricians (who were electricians pure and simple) to fix problems with TV distribution systems. They also used them to install CCTV. These guys routinely fitted a modulator in line with the TV aerial downlead (for the door camera), with no concept of channel clashes, signal levels, etc. Eventually the Newcastle firms would send for a local aerial guy, presumably taking pot luck in the Yellow Pages.

Bill

Reply to
Bill Wright

I don't think you actually know anything about this industry. Do you realise that we are talking about jobs worth thousands?

Bill.

Reply to
Bill Wright

That sounds about right. All I can remember about the system was that the Band II aerial had its back towards Wrotham.

The 'best' electrician job I saw was at the BBC pavilion at the Royal Welsh Showground, Incoming aerial fed into a 2 outlet amplifier and a dozen sockets fed in a ring from one outlet to the other!

Reply to
charles