Connecting 2 aerials together

Many thanks for answering my questions, I shall go away and read up a bit more!

Andy.

Reply to
andrewpreece

Hi all.

I have been considering this too, after reading all the info, I a seriously re-considering!

I was unsure of the pitfalls, but knew there were some because of family friends horror story.........

He lived in an area where he could possibly receive 4 itv channels, s he thought he could just bodge 4 aerials together, he spent 3 day fitting in new coax around the house, all leading to the attic, then h bought 3 more aerials, and set about fitting them, 2 in the attic (fo the stronger transmitter signals) and 2 on the chimney (for the weaker he wired them all up together and found he couldn't get ANY channels, s he set about changing his set-up, well, in the end he managed to get th

2 on the roof to work and all seemed fine, until he got a freeview box when he put that on it would keep switching on and off, so he sent th box back and got another, which done the same, he was then tol (probably from someone in the pub - where he got most of his advice that freeview will only work from "one of those really expensiv aerials, and only one aerial, you can't use 2 aerials on freeview" s he bought ANOTHER aerial, As we all knew him, and the fact that he i as stubborn as a mule, AND never asks for advice up to now this cause some hilarity (My brother called him "5 twigs John")..... up to thi point he hadn't yet put up his fifth aerial because he wa working......then came a bank holiday, a very windy bank holiday seeing as this was the only day he had available for quite a while, u on the roof he went..........

and down on the ground he came!

he suffered concussion, a broken shoulder blade, a broken hip joint broken jaw, a serious cut to his face, temporary blindness, and som other things I've forgotten, He DID have his own business, but because he had to take so much tim off, it went bust, he has now moved out of his house and at the momen is renting a small bungalow with his wife.....

his wife who called an aerial fitter around whilst John was i hospital, who bought 4 aerials, fitting the best one up on the chimney

The reason the freeview was switching, was because it was searchin between the 2 transmitters (or something like that).

Pity John didn't read this forum first

-- pipk62

Reply to
pipk62

There's only one - unless you want local news. And who would?

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)