concrete ponds

No. It's time to come back and point out that it was defect free concrete! The ballast was very carefully graded and contained, IIRC, particles in the micrometre to millimetre range. There had to be sufficient small particles to precisely pack the space between the larger particles. I presume that a vacuum was used when mixing to exclude air bubbles.

Reply to
Jan Wysocki

In article , Jan Wysocki writes

Ah but then we have to define what is concrete, is an all fines mix concrete? most people think of concrete as containing large aggregate and a fine mix would contain small aggregate say pea shingle size, even an all fines mix would contain sand in the 1-3 mm range, I work with cement grouts which just contain sand and cement (of course sand is just a fine aggregate) but I have never called or heard anybody else call this concrete, technically then I would call the micro defect free stuff, grout. I can't remember if a vacuum was used or not, you can achieve the same effect with the use of a defoamer

Reply to
David