concrete base levelling

I am replacing my garage & the concrete base is not particularly level & has a few cracks, is there any type of thin screed that will level it off & give me a strong level surface to start on?

Any advice or option appreciated

Ta DD

Reply to
dirt dibbler

level

I'm sorry to say that the only real solution is to break it up, and cast another one, having fully compacted the rubble left from the old one. I've had to do this on the bases of several buildings on the farm here where a previous owner had skimped both on preparation and quality of concrete. This has lead me to standardise on 6" thick slabs of C45 concrete with entrained fibres and 6mm x 150mm mesh reinforcement - it's not cheap but it should last! Laid 82 cuMetres so far !

AWEM

Reply to
Andrew Mawson

floor levelling compound can get you a level surface, but its not going to make the slab strong! It would only be suitable for a building type that doesnt mind some slab movement/breakup, eg timber frame.

NT

Reply to
meow2222