Computer wholesaler - recommendations?

Fred wrote:

Stay away from DABS - they've gone for a sack of crap since BT bought them. I use Ebuyer and Lambdatek mostly with a few things from Ebay.
--
Tim Watts

On Wed, 31 Aug 2011 18:01:35 +0100, Tim Watts wrote:

I like World of Computers in cambridge for motherboards, etc. And Amazon for CPUs...
--
Use the BIG mirror service in the UK:
http://www.mirrorservice.org

WoC are good, though a little expensive sometimes. But they're ideal here as they're just down the road.
Scan is good too... not the absolute cheapest, but they have a deal where if you make 20 posts to the HEXUS forum you get free postage for orders over £20. And the postage is by DPD next day which means they text you first thing telling you the 1 hour slot it'll arrive in. That's very handy if you're out and about a lot.
Theo
Bob Eager wrote:

Since I helped Phil start world of computers, I seldom go anywhere else..
But cheap he ain't..for onselling. Not when you put carriage on top.
What may be worth it is to contact people like that as a roving local area Mr install and fixit.

Do your Tesco shop at the same time then.
--
Tim

Tim Streater wrote:

I haven't been in that tescos for ..probably 12 years and it was shit even then.
Far easier to drop in a Newmarket Waitrose for a far better experience o the way home.

That is quite true of course and at that Tesco there's always a chance of a nice niff from the under-dimensioned sewage farm the other side of the A14.
--
Tim

On 31/08/2011 17:52, Fred wrote:

Yup, that's the one.
--
Cheers,

John.

On Wed, 31 Aug 2011 17:35:52 +0100, John Rumm wrote:

And it's exactly the model that people like IBM (and, recently, HP) have adopted.
--
Use the BIG mirror service in the UK:
http://www.mirrorservice.org
Fred wrote:

Just wanted to say thanks very much folks for all your contributions, some excellent information and suggestions have been forthcoming from the members of the group and it will not go unheeded. Cheers :-)
writes

Not strictly what you were asking, but have you considered appealing against the Incapacity Benefit decision? Successful appeals are apparently running at around 40 - 45% of applications.
--
Nick (=----)

Computer fairs sell cheap stuff. Always with reasons why, but at the end of the day you can resell it in systems you've put together. Ebay is the other cheap supplier.
FWWI I dont agree that there's no markup to be made, tehre's a fair bit.
NT
In article < snipped-for-privacy@h6g2000yqe.googlegroups

I think you'll find that you may well be better off selling your services to small companies for maintenance and support. The number of small and larger firms I go to and see staff struggling with poor IT systems is surprising large..
--
Tony Sayer